Gemini click pen from Woodturningz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy1

I bought several Gemini kits and they have come out great but my problem is the ball point pen tip won't go all the way back in when "clicked". I would guess I made the pen too short. If I do this with a slimline I know how to "cheat" to make it work. Anyone know how to do the same for a click pen. The tips sticks out less than 1/16"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Milpaul

This pen was always a good seller, but a pain in the %&% to assemble! Between the springs and the plasic pieces that are supposed to fit together it just wasn't worth the trouble. I would take it apart and check the springs to make sure they aren't binding, and the plastic assembly. Also if I remember right you are supposed to use the bushing as a quide to press in one of the parts. Just take your time and read the directions again. Sorry. no easy answer.

workinforwood

Typical, another crappy click pen. I have those problems all the time, PSI, Woodcraft, CSUSA...I'm done with it. You want a click pen, go buy one at walmart. I just sent all mine back and told em where to re-stock them [:D]

redfishsc

Originally posted by workinforwood
<br />Typical, another crappy click pen. I have those problems all the time, PSI, Woodcraft, CSUSA...I'm done with it. You want a click pen, go buy one at walmart. I just sent all mine back and told em where to re-stock them [:D]

Have you tried Berea's click? I very cautiously and skeptically made two of them, one for me to abuse and one to sell to a friend that just insisted on a clicker.

I was surpized. Very easy to assemble--- even easier than a slimline-- it's also a Parker but small enough for ladies--- the ONLY caveats are limited plating options (the only one they offer I would sell is Chrome) and the click mechanism has a bit of a hollow "CLACK" to it, but it still feels nice and strong. My customer is realllllllllly happy with his.

mdburn_em

workingforwood, I think you misread the post. It's not a problem with the click mechanism. Yes it is more of a hassle to put together. You absolutely need to follow the directions. The click mechanism is the best I've found for "clicking".

I also recommend checking the depth you pressed the mechanism to.

Make this pen in bright colors, especially pink and the ladies really love it.

Daddy1

Mark,

You were spot on!!!!!!I wasn't commenting on the click mech. That works fine. I tried as you suggested played with the depth the mechanism was pressed to and sure enough it was in too far. A few taps with my transfer punch and VIOLA [:0][:0]!!!!!!!!!!!IT IS ADJUSTED perfectly. What I thought was garbage is now gold.

Thanks Mark[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom