Funny Stuff!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jmhoff10500

So i fell for the classic resinsaver beginner mistake... I read somewhere that you could put a resinsaver filled with pr in a pressure pot at 10 psi, and it wouldn't fill the tube... It didn't work for me!!!:eek: Can you not pressure at all? The tube filled up half way befor i guess the pr cured, so is there any way to break the stuff out of the tube, or is it doomed to be a lesson to display on my shelf? Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Sometimes it will come out easily and sometime not. Try knocking the PR plugs out with a drift or punch or drill it out. It may work or you may ruin a blank that is ruined already.

Next time fill the tubes with clay or play dough leaving just enough room for the plugs on the resinsaver mold.

Do a good turn daily!
Don
So i fell for the classic resinsaver beginner mistake... I read somewhere that you could put a resinsaver filled with pr in a pressure pot at 10 psi, and it wouldn't fill the tube... It didn't work for me!!!:eek: Can you not pressure at all? The tube filled up half way befor i guess the pr cured, so is there any way to break the stuff out of the tube, or is it doomed to be a lesson to display on my shelf? Thanks!

PenMan1

Plumber's putty is my "tube filler" of choice. It costs about the same as Play-Dough, but when a middle-aged man goes into toys-r-us to buy Play Dough, the security guards start following you around:). Plumber's putty just seems a little more manly! LOL!

its_virgil

No security guards at the Family Dollar or Dollar General so I get knock off play dough at one of the dollar stores...2 tubs for $1.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Plumber's putty is my "tube filler" of choice. It costs about the same as Play-Dough, but when a middle-aged man goes into toys-r-us to buy Play Dough, the security guards start following you around:). Plumber's putty just seems a little more manly! LOL!

workinforwood

At least you remembered to pressurize your pot. I spent time cutting and specially arranging a mold today..mixed and poured it, then came back later to remove the air and the mold from the pot...there was no air in it. I forgot to pressurize it and the entire mold is junk.

The resinsaver mold if it gets resin inside the tube, it's no big deal at all. Put the blank in a vise and grab a drill bit slightly smaller than the tube and chuck it in a drill press. With the press off, simply pull down and you should be able to press the resin right out of the tube. If that doesn't work, use a small bit and drill it, then try pressing it out again and it definitely should come out then. The resin won't stick too hard to the smooth inside of a tube.

Top Bottom