Funny experience at the fair.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

My wife and I got to go to the county fair a couple nights ago. It had been maybe 8yrs or so since I had gone to one. Not much has changed, the people running the games are as sneaky as ever. I remember when the dart game cost $1 a throw but now it's up to $5! Well...even though I spent $20 for a teeny tiny purple hippo (my wife's choice) I walked away feeling pretty good about the whole situation. The guy kept doing his thing getting me to pay for more throws and I kept saying no I'm done and he finally says, here's two more throws I'll pay for them and you tell everyone where you got your prize. I say fine and one of the darts BOUNCES (yes bounces) off a balloon and hits him straight in the face! Well...after he gets done trying to not look in pain I got the final jab in with asking "So what price do I get for that one?". We happily walked off with our $20 tiny purple hippo and enjoyed the rest of the rides.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Yeah. The fair is like gambling. I don't walk in there with money I plan on taking home. Now all I want out of it is some good people watching and a funnel cake or two.

Bobalu

I bet the dart that hit him didn't puncher the skin and bounced off, just as it did the balloon. The scam here is that the darts are dull and the balloons are meant to be inflated to about 3 or 4 times the size they blow them up to. Sort of like throwing a blunt stick at a tire. Hope you had a really good time, and don't forget to take good care of that tiny purple hippo. My granddaughter tells me they like to eat jelly beans and drink grape Koolaide.

Top Bottom