From Chaos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

One of the many crosses borne by my poor suffering wife is that I am a very disorganized person. She on the other hand has a more than a touch of OCD. She does not understand how I can function in my workplaces which would cause many of you to question whether anyone died in the explosions or how I can produce a lot of stuff in a short time in such a mess. I tried to explain by citing one of the principles of the Chaos Theory. I told her that Chaos is not simply disorder and that Chaos explores the transitions between order and disorder, which often occur in surprising ways. She gave me that blank look that errant husbands often get.

So my personal chaos yielded up a surprise this morning. I turned an abalone blank for a Majestic Squire a couple of weeks ago with the thought that I had a kit for it. After looking for the kit over the course of two days, I gave up and decided to get a kit the next time I placed an order. I woke up this morning with the realization that I had an unopened order that was piled under a bunch of stuff in the garage. I rushed out and opened the box and found the kit. The result was this orderly pen that arose from my disorder. I quickly assembled the pen and ran to my wife with a triumphant expression. She was impressed by pen but quickly noted that I could have shown it to her two weeks ago if I were more organized.

chaos.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

The second mistake you make was telling her about the unopened box !!!!!

The first mistake ? . Well, I think you know ... see JimB's post above !

Nice pen ... Beauty and Order out of Chaos !!

thepenfriend

Funny.... you too, huh? My wife keeps wanting to clean my area the way SHE wants it. She then realizes that I know where everything is and if she moves it she gets the look from me....she walks away, lol... Anyway, very nice pen. Just not sure how you were able to withhold opening a package as soon as it arrives!

Nice pen! The abalone blanks are beautiful, and something I never knew about until I joined this forum.

I just had a similar experience about 1 week ago with an unopened box I forgot about, as I suspect many others here have. I felt like a kid at Christmas when I remembered it.

OZturner

Cody, you have just shattered many of my beliefs, and things I held as Truths.
Firstly, I didn't know we were Brothers-in-Law, your wife has to be my wife's Sister.
Secondly, I though that I was Unique, But now I find by the admissions of others responding, that Most of us Pen Makers, have to Sneak Packages of Equipment, and Materials into the Workshop.
Finally, The LOML, for several years has been onto my case about tidying up the Garage (Work Shop), and Now we both are into the later part of our Seventies, she is using the "We Can't Leave it like this for the Children to have to Clear Up, when we are Gone).
I keep asking "Why Not, I won't be Worried by It".

By the Way, a Beautiful Pen, as Usual. Brilliant Work.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:
Top Bottom