FOXBC CARBIDE INSERTS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcm71

Two weeks ago I posted a link to FOXBC that offered carbide inserts for $19.99 for a set of ten with free shipping. I went ahead and ordered two sets. Learned after the fact that the company is based in China. Well, my inserts arrived today. For the price I am not disappointed. I put one on my chisel and it fit as well as one from Global Tooling. It also performed well turning a one by one piece of square box elder into a cylinder, which what I care about. Cosmetically, they are not as highly polished as those from Global Tooling. Also, as you can see from the photos, the numbering is stamped 90 degrees off, which may explain the low price.
Before ordering these I did go Global Tooling to comparison shop. Theirs were $36 for a set of 10, with $26 for shipping, which I think is outrageous.
Remains to be seen how long these Chinese inserts last.
IMG_0261.jpeg
IMG_0260.jpeg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Thanks for the updates. I did see they were China made and as I said in your original posting which I am sure you knew, there is different grades of carbide just as there is different grades of diamonds used in sharpening stones. Can these be resharpened I do not know this.

keithlong

I bought a box of these as well. Received mine today. I will put mine to test when the weather gets warmer. I will turn a few antler pens and see bow they cut.

sorcerertd

I don't recall a brand name,but this is my experience with cheap Chinese carbide. This insert was not used on anything stone or metal, but it was used very aggressively on some hard woods. I'm not even going to try sharpening with those chips, but they are quite disposable at that price. I still prefer HSS for the last few shavings before finishing.
20240303_110634.jpg20240303_110129.jpg20240303_110150.jpg

* $26 for shipping!? That's nuts.

Top Bottom