I want this !!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JoeCallahan

Now I wanna see those digitally controlled features and the compact sliding table implemented on a full-size and commercially available saw. Either a hybrid or even cabinet style saw would be incredible!

moke

JT, I have a lot of festool and love them all....the only time I don't like a piece is when I am at the counter in the store to pay for it. I looked at the saw again yesterday, and I have to tell you it just looks like it wouldn't hold up.....now maybe I am wrong, Lord knows I am wrong a fair amount of the time, just check with my SWMBO, but it just looks ...toyish. I am in the process of saving to get a Kapex....which a friend has and loves...it looks "plasticy too", but he has had his for a few years now, has frequently transported it and it is holding up very well, so maybe I AM wrong, but it looks like they rushed to get a TS to fit their larger format systainer system.
I have seen your pieces you have made and your skills are far superior to mine, so I am maybe full of beans. And maybe the idea is to have a TS just for transport, but for a home, I think I would choose something more substantial.

jttheclockman

JT, I have a lot of festool and love them all....the only time I don't like a piece is when I am at the counter in the store to pay for it. I looked at the saw again yesterday, and I have to tell you it just looks like it wouldn't hold up.....now maybe I am wrong, Lord knows I am wrong a fair amount of the time, just check with my SWMBO, but it just looks ...toyish. I am in the process of saving to get a Kapex....which a friend has and loves...it looks "plasticy too", but he has had his for a few years now, has frequently transported it and it is holding up very well, so maybe I AM wrong, but it looks like they rushed to get a TS to fit their larger format systainer system.
I have seen your pieces you have made and your skills are far superior to mine, so I am maybe full of beans. And maybe the idea is to have a TS just for transport, but for a home, I think I would choose something more substantial.
Mike I have dreamed of owning the Kapex for many years. Every time I would go to the wood show and see it I dream. But could never pull the trigger for that price as well as this. It is a dream tool. I have full size tools. My next buy will be a Dewalt 7-1/4" sliding miter saw that I want for trim work. It is battery operated and fits in the 20V platform of battery tools I have been collecting. I have a ton of trim work to do and I need to have a tool that is light weight and yet can handle the riggors of many cuts. A friend of mine has one and he uses it everyday in his work. As far as plastic, all their tools are going that way. Their vac systems have a ton of plastic in them and yet are very well respected in the industry. I have one of those and yes it was pricey but well worth it. Today battery operated tools need to be lightweight. That is the wave of the future. I actually would have no place to put this saw. No more room in the inn.

jttheclockman

OK. I am now making my list of those to get this saw. As soon as I get mine, I will begin buying them for each of you. So far I have John and Todd on the list...
I will wait by the mailbox.:) If I ever hit the lottery big, there would be a big real Bash party here.

Top Bottom