Forest Fire Pine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hunter-27

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
These are from the same board of a Ponderosa Pine that had been "super heated" during a local foest fire a couple years ago. The heat caused some dramatic changes in the coloration. Thought you all might find it interesting.

Attachments

• forest fire pine1.JPG
    forest fire pine1.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 404
  • forest fire pine2.JPG
    forest fire pine2.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

Neat coloration. I may have moved the clip 90 degrees so when someone holds it horizontally, with the clip at 12:00 as most do, then they'll really see that striking color change going down the center of the pen.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Neat coloration. I may have moved the clip 90 degrees so when someone holds it horizontally, with the clip at 12:00 as most do, then they'll really see that striking color change going down the center of the pen.
I may change it, but the otherside is also neat, should have photo from both. TY for all the comments.

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
Are you sure you meant get some more?Sure it is'nt more like make some more?Dont let me see you on the news.:biggrin:Nice looking pen man I really like the color of the wood.Unique.
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. No seriously, we had a huge fire a couple years ago only minutes from my house, there is plenty of the timber around. Messy job to cut but it is definitely a different look at pine.

Top Bottom