Food Dehydrator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jtdesigns

I have been trying to come up with a way to post cure without having to buy something else. That's when the idea hit me. I have a food dehydrator that is adjustable in temp (goes up to 150). Maybe someone else has mentioned this but I thought I would throw this out there. What is really nice is if you cast in resin savers or plastic tubs you can stack several on one tray....then add another tray with more casts. Works like a champ.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tbroye

I have one of the old RONCO's used it to cure paint on plastic model cars when I used build them. Could paint the model with accurate NASCAR colors using DuPont paint and put them in the Dehydrator for an hour or so and be able to MM them when they came out.

JakeAB

I've got an old food dehydrator that has been gathering dust in a closet for the past zillion years or so. I thought I'd try it out drying pen blanks.

The question I have is, can you leave the blanks in too long? If I put the blanks in the dehydrator, then left on a three week vacation (I can dream, can't I?), will they still be okay when I get back?

I suppose it's a good idea to let the dried blanks acclimatize in the shop before working. Other than that, is it possible to dry wood too much?

Top Bottom