Fleur-De-Cav

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Phunky_2003

Phunky_2003

I just finished this up. Fleur-De-Cav from Creative Dimensions. There are sooooooo many possibilities with these blanks. Hopefully I'll be able to save up and order some more.

1_P3230010.jpg

1_P3230011.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
WOWWWWW

That is absolutely beautiful! Those 3-D blanks are, imo, the most innovative thing since sliced bread!

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Nice job, James! I've been waiting to see who would post one first! :biggrin:

We're cutting blanks like crazy. I haven't been this tired since I invented
stone ground grits..

Phunky_2003

It finished pretty well. I used the same paint or similar that Charlie used....... folk art stuff something like that I grabbed from some projects the kids were working on. Painted the blank a solid color then wiped the excess off. I then let it dry for a few days. I lightly and do mean lightly sanded the paint off the high spots. I was a tad bit worried about destroying it. I probably would have invented new words if I had. I used CA for finish. Several glopping coats of med CA to begin with after filling everything in, I lightly sanded the CA smooth and added 6 coats of thin CA. MM to 12000 and polished.

And no I didn't apply the CA with a caulking gun. LOL. I used a t-shirt material and put on about double the amount of what I normally would. Seemed to go on really smooth. But I was being cautious.

I got some other ideas floating around that I'd like to try with them. I think you 2 came up with a very innovative idea. The possibilities appear to be endless. It gives the pen maker the opportunity to make creative one of a kind blanks. It shouldn't be overwhelming for people to make. I consider myself a beginner, so anybody can do these blanks.

The only improvement I could think of is.......... ermmmm sending samples to the person who posted the first one. Co-founders excluded.:smile-big::rotfl:

I'd definately give you guys a thumbs up :good:.

When I ordered mine, I couldn't make up my mind so I ordered the one where the pic wasn't showing yet... LOL

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
The only improvement I could think of is.......... ermmmm sending samples to the person who posted the first one. Co-founders excluded.:smile-big::rotfl:

I'd definately give you guys a thumbs up :good:.

When I ordered mine, I couldn't make up my mind so I ordered the one where the pic wasn't showing yet... LOL

I dunno, Alton .. I think he should get another one just for the chutzpah. :tongue:

RAdams

Banned
I sure will be glad when mine gets here! I have ideas floating around like crazy. I actually had to start writing notes for some of the ideas i have. Should be interesting to say the least!!!

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Charlie,
Is he working for us.? Send me a pm with your address and I will get one in the mail for our unannounced prize for first post of our blanks.

Top Bottom