FIRST ULTRA CIGAR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hughbie

hughbie

ok guys, i have finally finished my first 'ultra cigar'
it's gold with chrome accents and yes, i did switch the nibs out. someone tell me, who is it that chooses the combinations on these things????
the gold nib goes with this much better than the chrome one.

like most everyone else, the jury is still out on this kit. it might be a bit 'outside' the box...wha cha think?
comments are welcome.....honest

ancy%20gold%20cigar%20on%20curly%20maple%20resized.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
The jury came back with a decision for me, at least. I just plain don't like that kit. It's too gaudy for the size and shape of the kit - like putting a tutu on a gorilla. I really don't like way the 'scrambled eggs' bands protrude so far. The apparent color-blindness of the people who manufacture these kits doesn't help either. The only way the silver tip works is if the clip is silver, too. It's like they've got one too many or too few kit pieces to alternate colors like that. The only thing it's got going for it is the clip, that's pretty cool looking. For the price that they're charging on these kits, I'll stick with good old tried and true stuff.

Looks like you did a good job on it, though!

Either that's a really big pen and you have a helicopter, or you have a miniature castle around there. [:p] What the heck is that?

ldb2000

Nice pen ... I still think this kit is a bit over the top for a cigar kit but it is interesting and yes the nib / clip should match don't know what they were thinking when they designed it

hughbie

well, it seems we're all in agreement on the kit. i just don't know if i'll buy any more or not. i took this to work and believe it or not.....the ones that really liked it are the women i showed it to. go figure!

as for the wood.....curly maple...nuttin special....but it's a beautiful wood and the glimmer in the light is great!

thanks guys!

Chasper

I bought a handful of those kits. It seemed that the right blank was a bright and flashy resin and that is what I used. I had seen one with a basic wood blank and didn't like it. But now that I see this one with the curly maple, I think better about the look.

Personally I like the gold/silver combinations. The flashyness of this pen is clearly over the top and I'm not likely to buy more, but I'll try one in maple or some other light high quality wood. thanks for showing this

hughbie

you're welcome Gerry.....can't wait to see what you have in store.

the other kit(i bought one of each to see what i could do with them) is the chrome set up and i'm thinkin of a resin blank for it.....just don't have the color in mind yet....when it hits me...i'll know it for sure!

Top Bottom