First try at diamonds

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

This is my first try at diamonds, not perfect, but close.
IMG_1285.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Sweet!!! 👍

I love how you got the tips centered on the blank between the endcaps. Oh, all the rest is spot on also. Beware, this vortex is mighty powerful.

Great job.

KenB259

Super nice pen !!!

Now, please tell us how you cut those diamonds so accurately !!

I just took two cherry pen blanks, glued a contrasting strip between them and after it dried, cut 1/4 inch strips at 30 degrees. Those strips were then arranged and glued back together. New pen blank then just cut out of the glue up, making sure it was cut right at the diamond ends.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I just took two cherry pen blanks, glued a contrasting strip between them and after it dried, cut 1/4 inch strips at 30 degrees. Those strips were then arranged and glued back together. New pen blank then just cut out of the glue up, making sure it was cut right at the diamond ends.

LOL, yup, don't overthunk it! ;););)

I look at the top - to - bottom alignment, and the left - to- right alignment. Yours are excellent.! The minor glue line on the top left hand side, is exactly that - MINOR. I do understand how you are constructing these, and there will be occasional glue lines at the angles - No biggie, and you have only one that I can see. - Superb execution. A glue line is just a brush stroke for Michelangelo... well tolerated! :cool:. I hope you do many more!

Last edited:

KenB259

LOL, yup, don't overthunk it! ;););)

I look at the top - to - bottom alignment, and the left - to- right alignment. Yours are excellent.! The minor glue line on the top left hand side, is exactly that - MINOR. I do understand how you are constructing these, and there will be occasional glue lines at the angles - No biggie, and you have only one that I can see. - Superb execution. A glue line is just a brush stroke for Michelangelo... well tolerated! :cool:. I hope you do many more!

Thank you Mark, I really do appreciate the kind words.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

jttheclockman

Diamonds are forever. Another great example of segmenting. You are making me hit the shop and turn another pen or two. I can see this. My diamond idea is a little different but still is diamonds. I will see if I can sneak some time in. Right now I am cutting money into puzzles:):):)

KenB259

Diamonds are forever. Another great example of segmenting. You are making me hit the shop and turn another pen or two. I can see this. My diamond idea is a little different but still is diamonds. I will see if I can sneak some time in. Right now I am cutting money into puzzles:):):)

Can't wait to see yours, as you're pens always inspire me. Laying in bed last night, I thought of a different method for diamonds that I want to try.

Top Bottom