First Sales

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pastors Pen

I just recieved my live center and pen mandrel on Thursday, and managed to turn out 4 pens by Friday morning. I left home Friday (to run some errands) with those 4 pens (and no cash in my pocket), and came home having sold the 4 pens, and with orders for 4 more, and $165.00 in my pocket!
2 of the pens I sold were straight slimlines, and the other has a flared writing grip just before the nib (I charged $25 for it, and $20 for the others). Upon returning home, I turned out/finished (BLO &CA) 4 more. Sold one that afternoon, and one yesterday. I have two left. My daugther managed to get a couple pictures of my first two pens, so when I get back home (on vacation), I will post a pic of them.

In all, I have made:

One walnut/cherry (chrome)
One redwood/maple (chrome)
One chestnut (gunmetal)
One cherry (gold)
One redwood (chrome)
Two cypress (gold)
One walnut/douglas fir (chrome) - this one I am carrying, as it is made from woods out of the church where I pastor (built 1937)

The four I have orders for?

Three walnut (chrome)
One cherry (gold)

I am in the process of ordering a Woodchuck Pen Pro with some of my earnings.

A few years ago, my cardiologist recommended a hobby for stress relief... I have enjoyed, and done pretty well at larger woodworking projects (furniture, etc), but I think I have found my hobby!

Pictures to come!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Mark, congratulations on your success and selling some pens, it sounds like you are well on your way to having a lot of fun and getting paid for it. Pen turning is a great past time, some times it relieves stress, and some times it doesn't :angry: but it sure feels good when you use a pen that you've made and some one says "oh where did you get that beautiful pen"

hewunch

As a fellow pastor, I can tell you that pens can be a great stress relief. Until you get the big orders :)

Pastors Pen

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. While I am enjoying the "sales," I do want to guard against my hobby turning into a "job."

Blessings!

Top Bottom