First sales experiences

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdcarter

OK, I finally relented and started selling some pens. Not in any organized way. No shows, ebay or web site. Just carry a nice one or two with me and keep a dozen or so around the office.

Selling several a week, at good prices. One leads to another. People see, they buy.

What has been interesting is to see WHAT they buy. Namely, Churchills and Gentlemen's. Both rollerball and fountain. I can't keep the Churchills. If it weren't for an "oops" pen I refuse to sell, I wouldn't have one to write with.

Redheart is the #1 wood in early going, esp on Churchill, but if I have a marblewood pen in the pouch, it goes first no matter what kit it is. Whodathunkit.

For cheaper pens, cigar seems to rule. I'm making a bunch of those. Haven't sold a single Euro. And while I think my prettiest pens are macasser ebony, hardly anybody wants them. Lighter colors sell better.

Wouldn't want to make a living at this, but it's good pocket money. And if I slip enough of it to the spouse, she doesn't nag me about the things I'm neglected while I turn.

:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
It feels good selling your creations, doesn't it. Especially when you are "selling without trying".

Congratulations Carl!!
GK

Petricore

Congrats, and thanks for sharing your story. Its always a pleasure to hear how others are doing selling and waht is actually selling for them.

txbatons

Way to go. I got into turning pens (after turning other things for awhile) because a student of mine turned pens and would walk around campus with his pen box ready to show to anyone who asked. Sold lots of pens that way.

Congrats on finding a source for supporting your habit! That is, if you'll quit slipping the spouse some of it! [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom