First project on new lathe.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick_G

Rick_G

Decided I needed a new lathe for Christmas. It was just missing to many things size being a big one. So I went out and got a new one from Busy Bee Tools in Canada. It's their new CX802 A dead ringer for the Laguna 18-47.

Due to a number of funerals and other happenings I hardly have had time to set it up let along use it. The wife wanted a gavel for a group she belongs to, their old one seemed to have developed legs, so that was the first project. New walnut gavel.

1_gavel.png

Haven't taken a picture of the new lathe so here's a link to the website showing in. WOOD LATHE 18IN. X 47IN. HEAVY DUTY - Busy Bee Tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hi Rick; If you still have the gavel, I'd like to see a pic of it turned up 90°! That would really show it off, in my opinion.

socdad

Great looking project! I'm not entirely sure that the 1st thing I would make for my wife, using a relatively expensive new toy, would be a wooden hammer! :biggrin:

Bob Wemm

I had to make a new one for our Club, same thing happened to the original one. Apparently grew legs, seems that the one I made grew legs as well.
I suppose I should take that as a hint, it's a waste of time making another one.

PS. mine was not as flash as yours is.

Well done and thanks for showing.

Bob.

Top Bottom