First lidded bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from paintspill

paintspill

Ever since I got my new lathe it has offered me the opportunity to try some things not possible with my old small lathe. Yesterday I got a chance to play. This is what I came up with.

Attachments

• IMG_00000121.jpg
    IMG_00000121.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_00000122.jpg
    IMG_00000122.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_00000123.jpg
    IMG_00000123.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 196
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Great turning Mark! I like your design and finished product very much!!! Small bowls like yours are VERY addictive and I'm also hooked!!! Walnut is such a nice wood to turn and I have several projects in progress at the moment using regular walnut and black (Caro Walnut Burl...) and love the way it turns and finishes. I'm sure your gift will be VERY appreciated and look forward to your future turnings! Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you and yours!

paintspill

i thought i would throw out a little update as it came to me this week. i feel like this is a bump but it truly isn't. i gave this piece to a co-worker and fellow foodie and my bread baking guru. i was truly interested in what his wife thought but felt weird asking. well this week he came to me and said "did i tell you what tara thought of your turned bowl" to which i answered no. well turns out she absolutely loved it and wants to know what i would charge for these types of turnings because they attend many parties and dinners and are always bringing hostess and house warming gifts and thought these would be perfect. looks like i will be turning out some more pieces.

Top Bottom