first in new photo tent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished this pen yesterday and I made a photo tent today and this is the result. It is a black TN Olympia in black ash burl.
I have to play a bit as I had to do more photo-shopping than I would like. It looks too gold for blk TN. Perhaps it is too sheer a fabric that allows more direct light than necessary.
Thoughts?

20076230536_olympia%20blk%20tn%20blk%20ash%20burl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodmarc

I can't comment on the photography, I'm still learning to shoot still life myself. But a darker background may have worked better.

But the pen looks good. What finish did you use?

Originally posted by woodmarc
<br />I can't comment on the photography, I'm still learning to shoot still life myself. But a darker background may have worked better.

But the pen looks good. What finish did you use?
I;ll keep that in mind and I use Deft brush on lacquer after CA and micromesh to 2400.

Great looking pen!

I try to use an 18% grey background, it's simple and shoots very well. I find that using props unless complimenting the pen clutters the image and is a distraction and one more thing to balance in the image...simple is best in my mind.

Great effort on both the pen and the photography.[:D]

Rifleman1776

I try to select a background that aproximates the shade of the subject. Agree with others, darker background. And, BTW, crop out unnecessary background. I have found that black Tn is very difficult to photograph. In fact, with the naked eye, the color can (appear to) vary with conditions. Sometimes it will look silver, other times black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom