First FP "Stretch" (large pics)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Manny

Manny

Well hear is my first FP. This is will be my personal pen so I purposely made it a little tubby to grip it easier. I'm hoping that it will make my learning how to use it a little easier.

Since you all have me scared to death to put the kit ink into it I am waiting for my ink from EB to arrive.

After I destroy the kit nib I will move on to destroying lou's steel nibs. won't even think about gold for a while.

The wood is a very special blank I had the pleasure to receive from Gary Max

wormy/spalted Hickory burl I cast in red and black alumilite. Kit is from Aaron

thanks Gary!
and thanks for looking

Manny

IMG_0086.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Nice, very nice.... Just one change, If just starting with fountain pens IMHO start with a good nib and your learning curve will be much shorter and definably more pleasurable.

Daniel

Very nice. For me they where not really hard to learn to write with, just different. I support your choice in not using the kit ink, it will only lead to a disappointing experience. good ink makes a big difference.

jskeen

Hey, love that blank. I was never sold on that kit as a RB, But the FP nib makes it look much better. As for nibs, don't automatically assume that you that you MUST trade out the kit nib before you try it. My Primary FP has a stock CSUSA fine Nib on it, and I've never found one that makes a better very fine line FOR MY HAND. Fountain pens are all about what works best for you. (Except for the ink, they are right about that) Try the nib and see if you like it. If you don't try swapping out the feed from a different kit. if you don't like that, try a different nib, or one of Lou's SF nibs, or change the housing, or try using a converter and bottled ink. One combination will just click for you. Just be sure to break down any combinations that don't work for you, wash in a plastic container of windex, rinse in clean water and let dry. You can assemble and disassemble kit parts any time, just wash before putting away. Once you find a combination that works well, clean it, reassemble, and bag it. Place on finished pen of choice when ready to sell.

Last edited:
Top Bottom