First day of duck hunting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

We started our season 2 days late......had to wait on payday, but Gunther and I got out on the marsh today. High winds kept the action SLOW but a day in the boat with my boy is aways better than a day at the house.

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

Gunther suggested we chase rabbits on the way home since Ducks were bust. Still a lot of cover for small game hunting but we scored big time on wild mushrooms!

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 227

Rick P

First duck of the season and Gunthers first firearms hunt, he's been on dozens of archery hunts but never with anything that gose bang!

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 176

Rick P

I think my casting days are over seamus7227. Nothing from a store beats fresh wild mushrooms, I think I look forward to them as much as fresh moose meat.

ohiococonut

Rick, I'm glad to see you're getting your son involved with the outdoors. When my three girls were younger and living at home I always took them with me whether I was fishing, hunting, shrooming, or just shooting. Those were the days to remember and I'll always cherish them.

On another note, our dove season came in Sept.1st and I was in the field waiting for the sun to rise. It was a beautiful morning and I got my limit of 15 in about 3hrs. I enjoyed hunting with my buddy but still miss having one of my girls with me.

Rick P

My son has been with me in the field sincer he was 4 weeks old. He has been on dozens of archery small game hunts and helped me field dress moose, dall sheep, rabbits fish and birds. He is by far the most patient, quiet and tough 4 year old I have ever met. He helps out on every hunt we do and has never failed to ask about the natural world around him. I have changed diapers on everything from a boulder jutting out from a rock face to the stern of our frieghter canoe...........I am so proud of the little man he is growing into there are no words to discribe it. If you want your kids to grow into well adjusted, strong young people it seems to me there is no better way than spending time with them in the outdoors.

Thought you guys might like these, Gunther in the ice shanty with us at 4 weeks old.

Attachments

• 315918665_1b0da1d32e_z.jpg
    315918665_1b0da1d32e_z.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 118
  • 315918637_80e3b1d491_z.jpg
    315918637_80e3b1d491_z.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 114

Rick P

Cute.........but Gunther would never give up! The little guys got a hell of a cold this morning and still wants to head out to the marsh.

Top Bottom