First completed, functional pipe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Here are some photos of the first functional pipe I've made. I made 4 chambers til I got this shape. The stem I made from an acrylic pen blank from CSUSA.
The wood is old oak, from a barn beam salvaged from a barn that was built in the late 1800's and torn down about ten years ago.
I don't even know how to smoke the dang thing, but I will learn, not that I intend to become a pipe smoker on a regular basis.
Don't forget to ZIP-IT

Attachments

• 1st pipe, old oak 005 - Copy.jpg
    1st pipe, old oak 005 - Copy.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 208
  • 1st pipe, old oak 009 - Copy.jpg
    1st pipe, old oak 009 - Copy.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 168
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Nice job! Looks like it would be a fun project. I like to puff on a pipe once and a while. In my area it is very hard to find decent tobacco though. Just a few brands that come in a box.

robutacion

Very well made, I can see some great hand gripping details on that piece....!

Once, I was a smoker and enjoyed a pipe every so often but they are a lot of work to keep going when you are working, nice for sitting down with a drink and relax for a bit.

Good pipe tobacco is not easy to find, it was a German brand that I used a lot in the 1970-80's and that all of a certain disappear from the market, I don't remember the name, nor I can describe the aroma of it but I can say this, I would be able to recognize in among 1,000 different other brands, everyone in a 50 meter radius would know I ort others were smoking that tobacco, just a great aroma and taste...!:biggrin:

Be careful with your smoking, it can become addictive when you least expect...!

Cheers
George

Hendu3270

Shape looks good and looks to be about the size of a standard corncob pipe. Not sure how Oak will stand up though. There's a good reason pipes are usually made from Briar, and that's because of its ability to not burn up as quick as most woods. Not to say it won't be a good smoker, but it might not have the longest of life if used regularly. Very nice though, great job.

Top Bottom