Amboyna Wedding Bands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I tried my hand a making a couple of wedding bands for our upcoming trip out of the country. I wanted something less flashy than gold and diamonds. I think they turned out nice and am wondering what kind of finish should be used on them. It would be nice to have something that stands up to water and everyday wear and tear. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20130414_222939_796.jpg
    IMG_20130414_222939_796.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 389
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vanngo5d

Those look great, I told my wife i was going to replace my wedding band with a wood one.

I did a ring with Texas ebony, Finished it with Ca been wearing daily for the last 7 months still looks good.

Don Vann

brownsfn2

Those are really nice. Is the wood stabilized? I would worry that the burl would not be strong enough for the material to be that thin. I have made a couple of rings for my 9 year old daughter since left over pen cut offs fit just fine. I have not tried wood yet.

I was thinking about it and I would put CA on it for a finish but I put mine on a taper to hold them while I sand and finish. I would assume that CA would stick. Maybe a delrin taper. Not sure though. (...and now I am rambling)

Really great job. Those look good!

Chasper

I would make the wood bands a little oversized on the inside and embed them in a block of clear resin. Then turn the resin down so that when the rings are finished all of the wood remains totally encased. Basically do a turning, pour resin around it, and then turn it again leaving only the resin exposed to the elements.

Last edited:

Haynie

Good job and good idea.

My wedding band was stolen off my work station while I was working on a boat. Considering both mechanics were in the boat with me no telling who it was. This was 5 years ago and I still feel rotten.

Top Bottom