first casts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mb007

lately I've been lurking around the casting forum, and it's inspired me to try casting a few blanks. here are the results of my first couple pours, and a couple pens from these blanks. The sierra is from the first blank in the first picture, and the presimo is from the first blank in the second picture. There is still much for me to learn, but I'm really happy with the couple I've turned so far. Thanks to you all for the knowledge that you share on this forum, it gives us newbies the confidence to try new things!

Attachments

• casts 1.jpg
    casts 1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 184
  • casts 2.jpg
    casts 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 188
  • sierra 1.jpg
    sierra 1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 190
  • pesimo 1.jpg
    pesimo 1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 175
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

Like Freddie Printze (Chico and the man) "Looooooking Gooood". I have been casting for awhile and still can't get the swirls down. What did you use-PVC pipe?

SDB777

Like Freddie Printze (Chico and the man) "Looooooking Gooood". I have been casting for awhile and still can't get the swirls down. What did you use-PVC pipe?

My tip:(OP has some unique swirling going on)
The wife uses a piece of paino wire that's all bent it different directions...twirl it going in/twirl it coming back out......easy swirling!

Kind of liking that half-n-half brown-ish blank....have you spun that one yet?

Scott (twirling is fun) B

mb007

Thanks! I did use PVC pipe (3/4") for these.

My tip:(OP has some unique swirling going on)
The wife uses a piece of paino wire that's all bent it different directions...twirl it going in/twirl it coming back out......easy swirling!

Kind of liking that half-n-half brown-ish blank....have you spun that one yet?

Thanks Scott! For the two I've turned so far, I didn't use anything to swirl the colors. I had them in little 3oz paper cups until they started to thicken a little, then I bent the rims to a point and tried to pour as thin of a stream as possible. There's a video on youtube by Fool4Peppers that I used as inspiration. I have a couple that I swirled with a wire, but I haven't turned those yet!

The black/brown is an experiment with black powder coat paint from Harbor Freight. I haven't had a chance to turn it yet, but I'm really curious to see how it turns out!

Top Bottom