First attempts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Scissortail Pens

These are my first pens and pencil, that I've ever turned or turned anything for that matter. The pen and pencil on the left are the first ones ever, the one on the right is my sixth one so far and is the same wood(Rosewood) as the other two. The one on the right, I took a propane torch to and warmed it up to bring out the color and add a little depth to it.

Thanks for looking and C&C most certainly welcome

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

Quite pretty!

There are many species of Rosewood, and some are quite distinct from others ....

Honduran Rosewood, Burmese Rosewood, Kingwood, Cocobolo, ect ... :)

All of them tend to turn quite nicely and many of them have spectacular figure and colors!

Quite pretty!

There are many species of Rosewood, and some are quite distinct from others ....

Honduran Rosewood, Burmese Rosewood, Kingwood, Cocobolo, ect ... :)

All of them tend to turn quite nicely and many of them have spectacular figure and colors!

I'm not quite sure what species it is. It's from the blanks that I received with with my lathe from PSI. I had watched a guy on youtube that burned the blanks with a propane torch and I thought I would give it a try. He did it with Purpleheart, I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out and see what happens, after all it couldn't really make them any worse.....:)

bpgoldo

David, put those pens away someplace special. Months or years from now you will go back and pick them up and they will be the first words in the long and epic story of your hobby. the successes, the near misses, the heart breaking blow-outs. This are your first creations in this art style. As good as your are at the start, there will be many more. As pretty as they are, they will mean oh so much to you. Many happy hours turning to you.

David, put those pens away someplace special. Months or years from now you will go back and pick them up and they will be the first words in the long and epic story of your hobby. the successes, the near misses, the heart breaking blow-outs. This are your first creations in this art style. As good as your are at the start, there will be many more. As pretty as they are, they will mean oh so much to you. Many happy hours turning to you.

Thanks Brian,

My wife has ordered me a glass case to put in our curio cabinet. I hope that I can only get to a point that my pens look look half as good as some of the ones that I see here.

Top Bottom