First attempt at darts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JCochrun

JCochrun

This was my first attempt at a set of darts. I'm not positive of the type of wood. Anyone have any thoughts?

Jim

Attachments

• darts.jpg
    darts.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 357
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

not too shabby.

One thing with darts. People will want them to be matched in weight. So you will need to have a scale by the lathe to weigh them to make sure that each in a set is identical.

Wood looks like a rosewood.

JCochrun

not too shabby.

One thing with darts. People will want them to be matched in weight. So you will need to have a scale by the lathe to weigh them to make sure that each in a set is identical.

I did buy a gram scale to use. Funny thing is that all three shafts had the exact same weight. I didn't use a template, just freehanded it. I have no idea how it worked out that way.

Russianwolf

not too shabby.

I did buy a gram scale to use. Funny thing is that all three shafts had the exact same weight. I didn't use a template, just freehanded it. I have no idea how it worked out that way.

my scale is only good to 5 gram increments, so would be useless for these.

kludge77

I agree these looks nice.

I also agree that when I throw darts I want them all weighted equally. Very important!

As for the wood, I'm going to guess paduak.

Dorno

With darts you have to insert the fine lead that comes with the kits but it is not good for those who wanted heavy darts because there is not enough lead in the kits to do that so you then have to use little sinkersbut in the end they are a great kit to make and once you have made one set it's hard to stop.

Cheers Ian

Those are really good looking darts... I've made a total of 3 sets as of today... I have the scales to make sure the weights are equal... except I forgot to put the weights in the deer antler darts... but you know God looks after drunks and fools (I only fall into the latter category)... the deer antler darts came out to 19 grams each...

Attachments

• 17-189.jpg
    17-189.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 94
  • DART SET EBONY.JPG
    DART SET EBONY.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Kims.JPG
    Kims.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 115

JCochrun

Those are really good looking darts... I've made a total of 3 sets as of today... I have the scales to make sure the weights are equal... except I forgot to put the weights in the deer antler darts... but you know God looks after drunks and fools (I only fall into the latter category)... the deer antler darts came out to 19 grams each...

These look awesome!! Great job. I really like the antler ones.

Jim

Top Bottom