First attempt at casting.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodkiller

image-5.jpg

Casting craft PR from Hobby Lobby and some pearl ex lavender. Tried purple and gold second and was very pleasantly surprised with the results.
274cbf2b6fb644622b5120b246f8aa32.jpg

I have a blue & silver one that I just got to look at and this is fun and addictive something awful.
0e93cd2dbd86aefa38f6fa3fa78ac74b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

Those look good! I think I got the exact same resin and pigment from my local HL. Best thing is that my wife is interested in casting.

crokett

very nice casting work! Just FYI, you can go to Hobby Lobby's website and get a coupon for 40% off, it is good for a week, in-store only. They say 1 per customer per purchase, but I have gotten 3 cans of the resin at once with 3 coupons. I pointed out that it would be silly for me to do 3 separate transactions.

Don't let the resin sit too long after it is opened. I thought I was being clever by pouring all the resin into a larger plastic jug. 2 months later what I had left had jelled.

Woodkiller

Thanks for the compliments, Im having fun with this stuff. My wife won't do it but she got the first purple one I made. I got the coupon and it helps a lot, I'm on my third can in just a few days already. Guess I need to look into ordering it in larger quantities. There are some blue and gold ones setting up now. :)

Woodkiller

Walmart sells small bottles of craft paint for just over $1.25 in a whole lot of colors and just because I had a few handy, I tried some. Has anyone tried this before & if so did it last & hold up? I made one with black & orange and a purple one. Both batches had a nice amount of pearl ex macro pearl. They hardened but I haven't turned them yet and was wondering if I'm the only one silly enough to try this.
BTW it is water based acrylic paint.

Top Bottom