Fire Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Fire Bowl - A sycamore bowl I turned then pierced and airbrushed in a flame theme. Up till now I have applied PolyWhey with a brush, this was one of my first attempts to apply with a spray gun. Around 8" (20 cm) across.

Attachments

• Fire Bowl 01.jpg
    Fire Bowl 01.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 311
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

OH, nice! I'm still learning to turn standard bowls. Can't wait to get proficient enough to start trying this kind work on them.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks all, I find the piercing part of this to be very soothing. It totally takes my mind off of everything else. The part I don't really enjoy is masking off the image. Once masked, the airbrushing is fun.

Lenny

With the piercing and airbrushing (all fantastic) it's easy to overlook what (I'm told) is the really hard part .... turning thin!
Well done in all aspects! As Dan said, something one would expect to see on the cover of a magazine.

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
With the piercing and airbrushing (all fantastic) it's easy to overlook what (I'm told) is the really hard part .... turning thin!
Well done in all aspects! As Dan said, something one would expect to see on the cover of a magazine.

Learning to turn thin took some work, but I have gotten more comfortable with that. While learning how to do that, I practiced piercing on egg shells so I would have a light enough touch.

Top Bottom