Finished Browning 425

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AultMan

AultMan

Finally buffed the finish on Saturday and went and shot my first round of clays with my new stock on Sunday. It felt like it fit right and hit where I looked, but it was way too cold and windy to focus, so I'll have to try again another day.

I bought a Kickeez recoil pad because they seem popular on the internet sites. I was very dissapointed with it. I have shot roughly 50,000 rounds through this gun with my old Pachmayr pad and I have never felt more sore than after only 50 rounds with the kickeez. What a waste of money.

Saved all the scraps, as usual, for pen blanks. Now they are in the boxes full of fancy lumber I keep pretending I'm going to have time to turn one day.

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 292
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 389
  • cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 217
  • full.jpg
    full.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 485
  • under.jpg
    under.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 224
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alinc100

Being a 425 owner I gotta say yours is way nicer than mine.Any chance I can send mine your way and it comes back looking similar to yours? : )

ctubbs

Magnificent work. That is too pretty to take into the field! That would be like taking a Roles four wheeling and getting it all scratched up. I'd be afraid to even pick something like that up, I might drop it. Congratulations on a work of art. Oh yes, God did pretty good too with the wood.
Charles

AultMan

scratches

Not too worried about scratches since I know the guy who did the finish. I usually refinish my competition gun every couple of years anyway.

Thanks for the complements. I can wait for winter to be over so I can start enjoying it. I think the pretty wood will definitely make me hit more targets. Just like my fancy pens make me smarter when I write. Maybe I should make a fancy bowl next. That would make my food better and I wouldn't be so fat. Right?

GaTurner83

WoW that is a beautiful piece of furniture on that scattergun.I dont usually like over unders but I gotta say I really like that one.

BULLWINKLE

That is a beautiful stock. You created an artwork not a field gun. With wood grain that good, who needs checkering? Beautiful job!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Having frequented trap, skeet, sporting clays and other smoke pole compititions for a few years or so. The best thing a pretty piece of wood on a gun does "is make you look good when you miss." You may not have hit the clay but damn that gun looks good! Its a beautiful stock and a job well done. No doubt about it.

For our other members, If you have never frequented a trap/skeet compititon you would not realize the money that is spent on a gun or the artristry in some of the stock making. If you think pen making is expensive try clay shooting some time.

Top Bottom