Final Clean Up Of Cactus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

I recived a couple of emails regarding the final clean up of prickle pear cactus and Dario also recived a few after posting some for sale yesterday. For all you that bought Darios cactus yesterday he has done most of the work for you (Look on the home page and see Curtis Seebecks tutorial and you will see all the effort Dario has put into these). The only thing he has not done is the final clean up. Curtis in his tutorial uses a mixture of muraitic acid and water as his first step in final clean up and then a 50-50 mixture of bleach and water. I have skipped the acid and only use water and bleach and the results have been great. Get yourself 2 buckets and fill one 3/4 with water and the other with a 50-50 mix of water and hosehold bleach about 3/4 fill. place the cactus in the bleach solution for 15-20 min. than take out and hose off with the garden hose than place in the plain water for abot 15 min. do this 3-5 times untill you reach the desired creamy/white color you are looking for. if you use a 3 1/2 gal bucket you should be able to do 5-6 pods (for lack of a better thing to call them) at a time. After your finished place in the sun to dry. Its been in the low 100's here in Oklahoma and they have been dry in one day, than let them sit in your shop for a few days and yor ready to cast them. If you have any questions feel free to Email me. Again a

2006823163728_DSCF0014.jpg

big thank you to Dario for all his effort in this and to Curtis for thinking outside the box and his tutorial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Dario thanks, that's embarrissing[V][V] post has been edited. I have a freind named Chris Seahorn and I was not thinking when I typed CHRIS. CURTIS FORGIVE ME[?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom