FBE Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Knucklefish

Knucklefish

Turned this flame box elder bowl this weekend. It's about 9 inch diameter and 6 inch tall. Gave met fits as it has a couple of knots. One of them cracked when I reversed the bowl and compressed in my cole jaws chuck. Fixed with a little CA and while you can still see the crack its stabilized. Finiished with 4 coats of General Finishes salad bowl finish. if you haven't tried this finish you should. I really like it. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• FBE 9inch bowl1.jpg
    FBE 9inch bowl1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 200
  • FBE 9 inch powl2.jpg
    FBE 9 inch powl2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

John has a bowl turning addiction, guess I'll need to bring some chunks to the next meeting and leave them in his shop:rolleyes:

Very done John!!!!

Scott

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Looks nice, I always have trouble around box elder knots, they seem to be trickier to deal with than those in other woods.

Woodlvr

Very nice. I found a guy cutting down a box elder the other day and stopped to see what he was doing with the wood and he says"selling it as firewood", so I asked if I could look and maybe buy a few pieces and he says "NO" you can buy the 10 pieces for $75.00 :eek: the pieces were only about 10" wide and 14" long. I could not believe it and the tree he cut down belonged to the apartment complex that he worked for so it cost him nothing. Some people. Anyway beautiful wood, I love FBE.

Top Bottom