Farmer Pen Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Interesting pen kit. Wonder if Exotic Blanks would be willing to stock some for the US market? I certainly would buy a couple.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I ordered a few of them along with some Honeybee & Lighthouse kits. I've been wanting to try those, but didn't want to place orders for just one pen. That made the shipping cost more tolerable.

bzahn

I live in a rural area and am a farmer/rancher myself after retiring from the IT area. I have always hoped someone would create a farm-themed (crop farmers and cattle farmers) pen. I could sell a ton of those! I'll have to check these out. You might have found half of my wish.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I live in a rural area and am a farmer/rancher myself after retiring from the IT area. I have always hoped someone would create a farm-themed (crop farmers and cattle farmers) pen. I could sell a ton of those! I'll have to check these out. You might have found half of my wish.
I'd like to see a Cattle or Trail Drive themed pen as well.

jttheclockman

I'd like to see a Cattle or Trail Drive themed pen as well.
I believe you will see this kit as well as many others like it from PSI or Rizheng very soon. All other kits you mentioned were Rizheng kits. Not sure it will be exactly the same but close because of infringments. If those companys see the kit sells well they will copy. Then Ed will have them and everyone else.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I believe you will see this kit as well as many others like it from PSI or Rizheng very soon. All other kits you mentioned were Rizheng kits. Not sure it will be exactly the same but close because of infringments. If those companys see the kit sells well they will copy. Then Ed will have them and everyone else.
My guess is that the Farmer is made by Rizheng, so we may see it available elsewhere unless he has an exclusive arrangement with them. He carries a number of Rizheng kits & the engraving & price appear to be Rizheng. I would like to see a PSI variant.

cl1237

My guess is that the Farmer is made by Rizheng, so we may see it available elsewhere unless he has an exclusive arrangement with them. He carries a number of Rizheng kits & the engraving & price appear to be Rizheng. I would like to see a PSI variant.
According to a discussion on Facebook, he stated the farmer, horse and honeybee kits were all his design, but he only purchased exclusive rights to the farmer kit

wimkluck

If you need more information I can give him a call. Visited him several times. Nice and friendly guy he sells the kits as a hobby. Just grew bigger.
And as they post above translated it: he designed it. Some background information about the situation in the Netherlands. There are major problems with nitrogen. We are the second agricultural exporter in the world. USA is nr 1. However, we are a small country. That is why people want to halve the livestock to protect and improve nature. That is an obligation from the EU. And has been ratified by the Dutch Supreme Court. As a result, no more construction is allowed. There is now a plan to buy out the farmers. You should therefore see this pen as a support for the farmers in the Netherlands. This pen kit itself was completely new to me.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
If you need more information I can give him a call. Visited him several times. Nice and friendly guy he sells the kits as a hobby. Just grew bigger.
And as they post above translated it: he designed it. Some background information about the situation in the Netherlands. There are major problems with nitrogen. We are the second agricultural exporter in the world. USA is nr 1. However, we are a small country. That is why people want to halve the livestock to protect and improve nature. That is an obligation from the EU. And has been ratified by the Dutch Supreme Court. As a result, no more construction is allowed. There is now a plan to buy out the farmers. You should therefore see this pen as a support for the farmers in the Netherlands. This pen kit itself was completely new to me.
Thanks, I am working on a chart of his kits for our Bushings & Tubes Charts and Apps. I should have it ready sometime next week & I could use some additional information. I'll let you know.

I am aware of the issues being faced by the farmers in the Netherlands. It's a sad state of affairs.

bzahn

I'm no fan of CAFOs, they are not environmentally friendly, but farmers that have their animals out on pasture are actually helping to sequester carbon in the soil. By removing animals from the environment they will actually be harming the environment. in that less carbon will be sequestered. It's a sad situation, one that seems to be becoming popular here in the US.
I like the idea that the pen is seen as in support of farmers.

Top Bottom