Fancy Clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ghostrider

I'm wondering what is happening with the fancy clips for the slimline series (yes, I know there are different manufactures).

When I first bought them from Woodturningz, they came with a clip that was shaped and sized like the comfort style clips from PSI (also on the PSI Gold TN Slimline). I've also got Fancy Slimline kits from another retailer (W N' W)that are more straight than the ones I originally got from Woodturningz. I like both styles because the bigger clip allows me to use more wood, but it's too big for a slimmer pen, so I use the other style clip. Recently, Woodturningz ran out of those kits, and just in the last week or so got a new shipment in, so I ordered some more. The only problem is that the clips with the new shipment are not like the ones they had before, but more like the straight style I get from W n' W.

I don't know how many have noticed this (I talked to two different retailers, and neither of those two were aware that there was a difference.), but am just wondering if this is something that is going to happen with more retailers? I'm probably going to go to PSI and order some of their clips (hoping that they too haven't changed), but am wondering if we'll be seeing less and less of the wider style clips.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm....

Who knows - I order "kits" whatever comes in the kit is what my customers get. To be honest I haven't paid any attention - I've usually figured fancy slimlines are fancy slimlines.

Fibonacci

I have noticed the difference as well. The last set I got from CSUSA had the wider clips, but that was a month ago or so.

ghostrider

Attachments

• DSCN0800 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0800 (Small).JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN0803 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0803 (Small).JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN0804 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0804 (Small).JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 128

ghostrider

Who knows - I order "kits" whatever comes in the kit is what my customers get. To be honest I haven't paid any attention - I've usually figured fancy slimlines are fancy slimlines.
Yeah.

That's about what the others said.

I'm just wondering if were going to see less of the wider type due to a possible fazing out.

76winger

Over and above the larger size of the comfort style's centerbands that PSI offers, the clip mentioned by the OP is another reason I favor them over slim lines.

ghostrider

Over and above the larger size of the comfort style's centerbands that PSI offers, the clip mentioned by the OP is another reason I favor them over slim lines.
But that's just it.

They were coming with the Slimlines. Now, who know's. I know the first of only two company's that I bought them from used to have the wider clips in their Fancy Slimlines. Now they don't. PSI also uses the wider style with their Slimline, but will that continue? The comfort from WnW doesn't have it, so it's not just a matter of "comfort v. slimline.", nor is it a matter of who sells them. Hopefully, PSI will continue to have them, but then the other retailer who had them was unaware of the change.

ETA:
Me, I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to order along with a bunch of fancy clips.

Last edited:

nava1uni

There are several places you can buy just clips for 7mm pens. I buy from several vendors and then can decide what clip for the pen depending on the wood or material used.

PenPal

Beware sometimes a clip cost as much as a kit, does not compute.

Check carefully. With centre bands I buy the Streamline bands in many colours separately from Timberbits.com.

Have success Peter.

Top Bottom