Family Project - Built-in's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

This was a family project...I designed and drew up the plans, dad built the cases, mom stained and did all the finish work. Made from oak, with fully adjustable shelves on each side, solid raised panel doors, dovetail drawers front and back joints, beveled glass in the doors and tempered glass shelves. Everything is custom made and designed by myself. Perfect for showing off some pens! :embarrassed:

Attachments

• CIMG1611.jpg
    CIMG1611.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 293
  • CIMG1612.jpg
    CIMG1612.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 200
  • CIMG1613.jpg
    CIMG1613.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 234
  • CIMG1601.jpg
    CIMG1601.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 150
  • CIMG1594.jpg
    CIMG1594.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 175
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PTownSubbie

Dave,

Having made something like that myself, I know some of the pain you have gone through.

I will tell you what though.....They look incredible. I love the look of Oak for that type of project.

Great looking built-ins!!!!

mrburls

Dave, Excellent work by the whole family.Your dad is queit talented. Has he passed those skills onto you? Nice design on your part. And I got to hand it to your mom. Finishing is not fun and it can make or brake a project. :good: to mom.

Keith "mrburls"

hewunch

Dave, Excellent work by the whole family.Your dad is queit talented. Has he passed those skills onto you? Nice design on your part. And I got to hand it to your mom. Finishing is not fun and it can make or brake a project. :good: to mom.

Keith "mrburls"

+1 :)

omb76

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Took about a month to complete, but we weren't in a hurry to do it. Just drew up the plans for the other side of the fireplace which will be an entertainment unit with lots of little custom tricks for cords, tv mount, and will even include some barrister bookcase style doors... stay tuned!

Rfturner

great design

Having designed and built my own small cabinet I know how nuch work goes into it, it looks amazing and your family is very talented

Wild Turkey

Made something similar for a customer a few years back, sure took longer than a month and yours turned out better than mine for sure. Great design, set-up, and finish work, which makes the whole project.

Top Bottom