Fallen Soldier Memorial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from John Pratt

John Pratt

Fort Sill has a Soldier Outreach Services Branch to assist families of fallen soldiers and ask me to build a fallen soldier memorial stand. I would have liked to use something better than oak and stain (I prefer to use wood colors in their natural color), but they wanted it very dark and the budget was very, very, very limited (I ended up eating the cost for half of it). I didn't want too much elaboration so it wouldn't take away from the overall theme of the piece. QAC always welcome.

Attachments

• Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 195
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 143
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Your efforts definitely do honor our real American Heros. :usflag:
You made the wood speak volumes and honor your work also.
Thanks for all you did, as we all thank our Fallen Soldiers.
Gordon (USAF, MSgt, Ret)

Nick

Your efforts definitely do honor our real American Heros. :usflag:
You made the wood speak volumes and honor your work also.
Thanks for all you did, as we all thank our Fallen Soldiers.
Gordon (USAF, MSgt, Ret)

Gordon, very well said, we owe our freedom to our service men and women.
Thank You

John Pratt

Thanks For the kind words. I don't really think I am doing anything special. It is part of my duty to those who are still serving or gave everything. I was fortunate enough to be able to retire from the Army after 24 years.

I should have mentioned for those unfamiliar with military challenge coins, the lower section is a "coin holder" so military units and commanders can donate a challenge coin in remembrance and respect for the fallen. it should hold about 200-250 challenge coins.

beautiful workmanship, and a fantastic thought. we should honor all of you that serve and pay the ultimate sacrifice more than we do. Thanks to everyone echo serves or served, you are reason we can the freedom to things like this forum.

elkhorn

Great job! And thank you for doing that. Most people don't realize that freedom is not free. It is paid for by all of those that serve in our armed forces and their families, especially those that have fallen.

Fishinbo

It came out really great looking and well made. Great design with awesome finish. A great tribute to our fallen soldiers who will be proud and grateful of your beautiful work.

Top Bottom