experiments, cholla blank and a surprise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZanderPommo

casting experiments.
the cholla will hopefully look sweet, JMhoff has turned one into a great pen, or so I hear:rolleyes::wink: (still ain't seen a pic John, no pic it didn't happen lol)

the first is a cholla cactus cast in semi-transparent blue PR, its a cigar I have yet to turn...can't wait

SDC10510.jpg

SDC10511.jpg

now I have been thinking for a long time about inventing something yet untried (with little luck) and I came up with this. I think I'm the first to do this but if I am incorect let me know, I think it is interesting. I antiqued the brass, and casted it in resin. these are sierras

SDC10514-1.jpg

SDC10513.jpg

looking for honest opinions on this one. ugly? grotesque? kinda cool?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
The Cholla looks sharp. I tried to cast some cholla once but failed. I may revisit it after seeing this.

The other one looks terrible I think. The idea is pretty cool but i don't like the way it looks. If you could get the green to be solid or something it might be better.

ZanderPommo

you like them wolf? tell ya what shoot me your address and you can have them free of charge as long as you post up a pic of what it looks like within a week or so of getting it. I'd also love to see what they look like as a pen, hopefully not as gross as they do now, but i only have 1 sierra kit at the moment and I'm saving it.

rjwolfe3

you like them wolf? tell ya what shoot me your address and you can have them free of charge as long as you post up a pic of what it looks like within a week or so of getting it. I'd also love to see what they look like as a pen, hopefully not as gross as they do now, but i only have 1 sierra kit at the moment and I'm saving it.

PM sent, I would be honored!

Jmhoff10500

Its not in pen form yet because it has one of those minuscule imperfections that would bug you forever if you were to put it on the pen so every time you looked at it you would cringe... I accidently left a pit hole empty and as i sanded it, it filled with white sand goo and i never cleaned it out before applying the ca finish so imma gonna have to re-spin it real quick... that and i have some more cactus coming my way!

hehe, can't wait.
put in the soyp so it can get all the attention it deserves, I'm sure you did it justice

ZanderPommo

i know what you mean. ive given away pens b/c of a tiny imperfection that drove me nuts, and they never notice. ever, not once yet unless i point it out and sometimes not even then. i just can't bring myself to sell something imperfect for perfect price:rolleyes:

1080Wayne

The way I try to curb my perfectionism is to look at a pen in this way : If a prospective customer (or my wife) can see a defect on a pen with minimal examination , I didn`t spend enough time on it , but if I can`t see a defect on any pen I make , I`ve spent way too much time on it .

Top Bottom