Exotic Blanks Contact

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Calling after 6:30 pm their time is always the best. During the afternoons the packages for shipment that day are being loaded, weighted, and postage printed.
Personally, I have found that Sunday afternoons are the best time to call UBLESS Ed is making a video. Then all bets are off.

LOL

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Has anyone had any issues getting in contact with Exotic Blanks? I got a couple perfect fit pens (Exotic Blanks :: Pen Kits :: Pen Kits (By Pen Kit Name) :: Perfect Fit Convertible Pen & Pencil :: Perfect Fit Convertible Pen Style A - Chrome) but the recommended bushings don't fit the tubes. I have called 3-4 times over the last week but haven't got any response. I haven't tried email however, explaining things in an email is a little difficult for me than doing it over the phone.

Thanks,
Ed might have been out of town to one of the pen gatherings. Have a little patience and try again - he will respond.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hi Levi!

Yes, it has been a hectic week. I am happy to say our last email generated about 200 orders, which we have shipped same day they were received. I hope to catch up to the phone and emails this weekend.

With respect to your question, I am amazed that there was a problem. These bushings were made (twice, first time had a small problem) to fit the perfect fit and were made just for Exotics, because I don't like to force customers to use the B mandrel.

However, I have just checked several sets of bushings and find that one bushing is incorrect.

If you try the set on a new set of tubes, three of them fit. ONE does not. The shoulder on the bushing is less than one thousandth of an inch too large. While I will be happy to replace yours (and I will be modifying the ones I have so they are correct when shipped), you CAN put it on your mandrel and sand it down a thousandth and the problem will be solved.

I will try it tonight and let you know how long and what grit sandpaper works best.

Sorry for the inconvenience!!! (I did test the first sets, they worked fine)

Ed

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
If anyone else is having this problem, the solution is really simple.

I did four at a time, once the black is gone on the "shoulder" (the part of the bushing that fits into the brass tube), sand until it is shiny. I used 400 grit, it took less than 2 minutes to do 4. OR, I will send you one that is done, return the "fat" one, please.

Ed I just went back out and checked them, only one fits the lower tube, the larger tubes are a couple thousand too small, not a slip fit they are wobble around loose.
In short 1 fits the smaller tube, the other smaller bushing is too large but just by a couple thousand (I can fix that) the bushings for the larger one are both too small however.

Top Bottom