Evolution of pine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ohiococonut

ohiococonut

My wife wanted me to make a pen for her brothers birthday coming up and insisted it be made from pine cone.....I'm starting to dislike the stuff :rolleyes:

Anyway, I made him a Patrizio and decided it needed a pen holder so I made one out of pine cone and used the left over piece to add...ummmm...something to it. The bottom is actually one piece. I cut it out on my band saw and I thought I could turn the small section just like the last one I made, yea right! When I started up the lathe it and the whole stand started shaking violently :eek: It sure didn't like the larger chunk revolving around it at all! I managed to turn what little I did without getting hit and called it good. I think it's ahhhhh...so so, but she likes it and I guess that's all that matters. I've yet to find out what her brother thinks of it 'cause he hasn't seen it yet and I'm not sure I want to know.
As always comments welcome.

JakesPineCone.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
could it be a blessing in disguise? Could you have gotten rid of an undesirable brother in law? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Only joking! I find P C 's are like, well you know, they each have their own personality:doctor:. BUT, ya gotta luv'em!!! Pen looks good!

corian king

I think it turned out very nice myself.I have a yard full of pine cones.Maybe one day I will try to turn one.They do turn out very nice.

Top Bottom