EUREKA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

larryc

After the disaster which prompted me to post an earlier post today
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75476
I decided I needed to find out what I could use to preheat resin. I tried hot water from the faucet (120* compared to 130* in the hot box) and got the same results (melted containers). Realizing it was the container and not the heat source that was causing my tribulations (big word for "screw ups") I searched the forums and found lots of good information. However, each one required that I make a trip Wally-World and I don't like to get out of my bunny slippers before Friday. Suddenly I had a brain f*** whoops I meant storm. I have a slew of prescription bottles that I have been accumulating for storage of unimportant things like bushings, etc. I tried it and it worked like a charm. Heavy enough and large enough to make easy pouring and no disintegration with heat. Us old f***s (there's that word again) can accumulate these pretty quick - the younger ones amongst us can go to almost any pharmacy and they'll sell them to you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

You could also use paper drinking cups , not the wax coated ones . I buy them at the local supermarket the , 8 ounce size , 100 for about $2 . They take the heat with no problems , I preheat my resin to 125 degrees in a wood drying kiln . When the leftover resin in the cup hardens you just throw them away .

3Peake

You could always add the leftover dregs to one cup and eventually(unless your l
like me and always end up with too much -then it mounts up quick) you end up with a blank big enough to make a stopper.

DurocShark

You could always add the leftover dregs to one cup and eventually(unless your l
like me and always end up with too much -then it mounts up quick) you end up with a blank big enough to make a stopper.

I pour the extra dregs into a slab mold. The "blanks" that come from that once it's full are ... umm .. "interesting".

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I'll bet people wonder how you got your segments aligned so perfectly..
.. glue seams are so small you can't even see them! :tongue:

Top Bottom