Eucalyptus Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
A customer contacted me and explained that last year he purchased one of my pens form one of the local shops I have pens in. He would like another one. It is made from Eucalyptus. He sent me the attached photo. Note that it is darker than much of the eucalyptus I normally see. Does anyone have any eucalyptus blanks like this that they would be willing to sell? I figured I'd check here first before I set out on a search for just one or two blanks.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Eucalyptus.jpg
    Eucalyptus.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 141
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ironwood

In Australia there are many different species of Eucalypt tree with a huge range of different colors.
If no one closer has anything to suit, PM me and I will find something to suit amongst my stash.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Blanks

Hi Mike, I have a lot of Eucalyptus!!!

Probably 5-6 varieties from Robutacion, as well as from other sources. I'll check in a few moments and see what the look like and take a picture.

Mark

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
In Australia there are many different species of Eucalypt tree with a huge range of different colors.
If no one closer has anything to suit, PM me and I will find something to suit amongst my stash.

Thank you Brad. Hopefully I cam find some a little closer to home but I appreciate the offer.

I think I have some. I have some eucalyptus Burl that I got awhile back.

Thanks Dave. Does it resemble the color of the pen pictured?

David

Hi Mike, I have a lot of Eucalyptus!!!

Probably 5-6 varieties from Robutacion, as well as from other sources. I'll check in a few moments and see what the look like and take a picture.

Mark

Sounds good Mark. Thank you. I'll check back later.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well, here is a few... Not a good match, but...

7 - Spotted Red Gum (Gum Trees are in the Eucalyptus Family)
8 - Curly/Twisted Gum
9 - Colonial Red Gum
81 - Eucalyptus Dura

I thought the #81 migfht be close, so I turned one and on the right applied 4x Pens Plus. It's pretty, but doesn't look the same.

#9 might be the best match. The piece I have does have some white spalting, so it also may not be similar to yours.

You are welcome for any if you wish.

I have a lot of #81.

Attachments

• IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2117.jpg
    IMG_2117.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 90

termitedave

Here's what I have. The ones on the left are plain and the one on the right is Burl. I could cut you a few blanks from the Burl. I did dampen the Burl with water to try and show it better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom