ER40 Collet Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Countach

After seeing lots of conversation and questions on the different collet sets available, I thought I would add this. I bought this set a few weeks ago. #2MT ER40 holder with 15 collets from 1/8" to 1 inch. The whole set cost $89.99. Bought an 8" bolt from hardware store for the drawbolt and the setup is rock solid.
My 2¢.

20071027480_MT2_ER40_SET.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Countach

e-Bay, but the seller mis-spelled collet so it was hidden.
"collects"
I am not paid for this referal or know the seller, but hope it helps fellow turners.

its_virgil

If a collet is wanted to just hold a mandrel then here is an excellent alternative. It is an MT2 collet...no chuck involved, but a drawbar is needed. Several sizes are available for holding other small parts. Check The Little Machine Shop for possible best prices...or google MT2 Collets for lots of choices.
http://tinyurl.com/2zhty6

Do a good turn daily!
Don

its_virgil

I agree about the mandrel length adjustment. I looked at other chuck styels and found the Beall to be the best solution. I <s>love</s> am charmed by my Beall Collet chuck and collets. They have been the best tool purchase I've made and I don't know how I worked without them....well, I didn't do the things then as I can do now. But, making one's own mandrels is not difficult and one MT2 collet and homemade mandrels of varying lengths is an excellent solution to the question"What is the best way to hold a mandrel?", especially if that is the only reason to purchase collets...the other sizes are not needed.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Rudy Vey
<br />Thats not too bad, but you cannot adjust the mandrel length in case you just want to turn a barrel at a time. I believe thats the charm of the
Beall chuck.

toolcrazy

Originally posted by Countach
<br />e-Bay, but the seller mis-spelled collet so it was hidden.
"collects"
I am not paid for this referal or know the seller, but hope it helps fellow turners.

I found a rare Stanley hand plane because they misspelled Stanley. Picked it up for pennies.

Randy_

Originally posted by Rudy Vey
<br />Thats not too bad, but you cannot adjust the mandrel length in case you just want to turn a barrel at a time. I believe thats the charm of the Beall chuck.

Rudy: Buy a second mandrel and cut it off. At 6 or 7 dollars for a second mandrel, that is a much more economical alternative than buying a Beall collet chuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom