Enco customer service

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

I spent an hour on the phone with enco cutomer service today. What a great experience. As a newbie metal lathe person I asked a lot of questions and they answered them all. I was on a three way call with both the tech person and the lady I was ordering from. In order to get me what I needed at the best price they asked pointed questions then discussed among each other different options all the while telling me where to find what They were talking about. In the end I paid 68 dollars when I had resigned myself to paying over 200. They convinced me that I was over buying and could upgrade for about the same price in the end if I neede to. The best part was them telling me that they were not the best deal on something then told me what to look for as I shopped around. They definitely got my business from now on. And, what I bought was all US made.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Glad to hear it worked out for you. They weren't so helpful to BigShed in Australia a couple of years ago. May be new help there now.

IPD_Mr

I have to add to the Enco experience here as this happened today and it is still fresh. I had been pondering a Jet 9x20 lathe. The best price I could find on this was $1295 at Enco. I found a 10% off coupon so bring the price down to $1165.50. I was on the fence about the stand until I found a 20% off coupon that was good for non-machinery that expired on the 29th. So here I am with the lathe in the cart and a 10% off coupon, I added the stand and then added the 20% off coupon thinking it would apply to the stand. Well it took off the 10% and applied the 20% to everything. Today when they processed the order they took the 20% off the lathe as it was machinery and did not qualify and charged it at the full price. Rather perturbed I was on the phone with them within 2 minutes of the email with the adjusted invoice. A short time later I had a new invoice with 10% off of the lathe and 20% off of the stand and a ship date of today. While they should have called me and explained what they were going to do before they did it, since it was a big difference from the invoice that showed last night, they did correct it in a timely fashion to my satisfaction.

IPD_Mr

The lathe stand was delivered today in less than 24 hours. The lathe was coming from a different warehouse so it will be here Monday. This is great because I now have the stand to get the right footprint for the lathe. Lots of moving and rearranging to do this weekend. Enco has been very good to deal with and I have no complaints.

bluwolf

Congratulations on the first part. Now all you need to do is start spending money on tooling. Anyway, you're going to have a great time playing with your new toy...er...tool.

Mike

IPD_Mr

Well the new toy er um tool just arrived 15 minutes ago. And here is another testament to Enco.

The right rear corner of the splash pan was damaged when I opened the box. Well actually it was slightly dinged and scratched with the paint coming off at the spot. I called Enco and told them of the damage and that it needed to be picked up and a new one sent to replace it. Well they cam back on the phone after a couple of minutes and ask if it was cosmetic and would it still work. I said yes but that isn't the point, I paid for new undamaged I want new undamaged. They said what if we offered you a real good discount. I said it would depend on the discount. They first said how about 20% off the price you paid. That would have been about $47 off. I said look, you charged me $69 for shipping. You will have to have the trucking firm come and pick this up and ship me a new one. That is $138 in my book plus you probably get a little discount on the shipping. You take $130 off the price then I will keep it, other than that you can pick it up and send a new one.

Linda said I MIGHT have done good enough that she will let me order the Phase II QCTP. :smile-big:

Now I had planned on this thing not getting here until next week giving me the weekend to get the shop cleaned and moved around. Now I have both pieces and a ton of work, Darn good thing we have a 5000' warehouse. So in conclusion Enco has done everything right by me and they will continue to get my business.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Well the new toy er um tool just arrived 15 minutes ago. And here is another testament to Enco.

The right rear corner of the splash pan was damaged when I opened the box. Well actually it was slightly dinged and scratched with the paint coming off at the spot. I called Enco and told them of the damage and that it needed to be picked up and a new one sent to replace it. Well they cam back on the phone after a couple of minutes and ask if it was cosmetic and would it still work. I said yes but that isn't the point, I paid for new undamaged I want new undamaged. They said what if we offered you a real good discount. I said it would depend on the discount. They first said how about 20% off the price you paid. That would have been about $47 off. I said look, you charged me $69 for shipping. You will have to have the trucking firm come and pick this up and ship me a new one. That is $138 in my book plus you probably get a little discount on the shipping. You take $130 off the price then I will keep it, other than that you can pick it up and send a new one.

Linda said I MIGHT have done good enough that she will let me order the Phase II QCTP. :smile-big:

Now I had planned on this thing not getting here until next week giving me the weekend to get the shop cleaned and moved around. Now I have both pieces and a ton of work, Darn good thing we have a 5000' warehouse. So in conclusion Enco has done everything right by me and they will continue to get my business.

Don't you realize that theft is a felony?? :eek::wink: Glad for you! You should have made them send you a can of touch up paint too!!:biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

I think I need you to do my purchasing :redface: Glad your stuff came already. I'll try not to interupt you while you're getting things arranged. :biggrin:

IPD_Mrs

Well the Mr. has made GREAT progress in the shop getting everything moved, cleaned, lubed and set up for the new toy ... er TOOL that showed up so unexpectedly fast. I have to say that things are looking pretty good in there and I expect that the lathe will make it's way home from our warehouse tomorrow or Monday at the latest. I can't wait to see what kind of wonders he can use it to create!

Mrs.

OKLAHOMAN

Mike, Dillinger use a Tommy gun when he pulled a robbery!!!! BTW you will find that there is one thing that you need to get when you get your tooling.......TIME....I've had my lathe for a couple of weeks and yet to turn it on.

IPD_Mrs

Update: Mike and our son have gone to the warehouse to pick up the monster er toy er TOOL and I DO HAVE A CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Will try to get pics by this evening but there is a race today so I can't promise what time!! (Yes, I am a country girl at heart but that can be our secret :biggrin:).

Mrs.

Top Bottom