Duracoated Taurus Tracker (22 Revolver)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from USAFVET98

USAFVET98

This one I did in OD green with natural and HK Black accents. As always comments and critiques appreciated.

Attachments

• PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,281
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 967
  • PICT0008.JPG
    PICT0008.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 1,297
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 2,005
  • PICT0010.JPG
    PICT0010.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 5,493
  • PICT0011.JPG
    PICT0011.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 394
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 668
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USAFVET98

Dave,
It is very durable. If you are familiar with other finishes, you know over time the finish gets harder. Not the case with duracoat, duracoat actually gains elasticity over time to prevent chipping scuffing scratching and wearing. Very cool stuff.

Great looking job. I'm impressed. I've never used duracoat and was wondering how durable it is.
Dave

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Dave,
It is very durable. If you are familiar with other finishes, you know over time the finish gets harder. Not the case with duracoat, duracoat actually gains elasticity over time to prevent chipping scuffing scratching and wearing. Very cool stuff.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to give it a try. I have a bunch of AR mags and other stuff that could use re-finishing.
Dave

KD5NRH

Great looking job. I'm impressed. I've never used duracoat and was wondering how durable it is.

Haven't done Duracoat yet, but I've Gunkoted parts of a rifle, a shotgun, and two pistols. Steel-to-steel contact on moving parts will wear it off over time, but it turns out to be a pretty good coating for mags, since it acts as a lubricant to some extent but doesn't pick up dust.

The slide on this PT-99AF had gotten scuffed up a bit, so I decided to go for the two-tone look. (Partly because I didn't want to deal with getting the factory finish off the alloy frame.) It wore off the rails after a few hundred shots, but it's still pretty solid on the exterior.

749872151_PegQs-M.jpg

749872147_Z3Ugz-M.jpg

As far as I know, all of the Gunkote products have to be baked on, though, so they're not an option for anything that can't handle an hour in a hot oven. They say it just keeps getting tougher with more heating, so I'm really tempted to try it on my barbecue grill, or maybe an exhaust system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom