Drilling for Wall Street

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dale Coons

I've a quick question--the holes for tubes that I've drilled for O and 7mm pens seem to fit the tubes quite well--just enough room to slide them in with glue, but no slop.

I've got a 27/64 bit for a Wall Street II and the tubes seem to swim in there. Get the same thing drilling on the DP or the lathe. Is there a problem with my drill bit or is there a better size to use for this pen kit?

Tx
Dale.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DennisM

Dunno, I use the bit from woodcraft and it slides right in with no slop. Drill on the lathe. When the tubes are painted it is a tight fit..

Would try another bit to see if the one you have is maybe a little oor..

ldb2000

27/64 is the correct drill bit for the sierra/wall st . There is a little bit of play but if your making a sloppy fitting hole then I would say your bit is bad/wrong size . Measure it with a caliper or micrometer it should be .421

johnnycnc

Dale, I have the same results with the 27/64 drill.
I switched to a letter "Z" drill (.413) and like the results much better,
I think many here have done the same.

ldb2000

I just did a bunch of acrylics and painted the tubes and holes so that may be why 27/64 works good for me . My tubes measure .408 and the Z was too tight so for wood I would go with john .

nava1uni

You need to make sure that you have a Sierra and not the Elegant because it is a much smaller tube. The 27/64 hole is much bigger then the 7MM. I made the mistake of drilling the holes for a Sierra because I didn't notice that it was an Elegant Beauty and the tubes slipped right through with lots of room to spare.

Top Bottom