Don't hold your breath

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Well this guy has said for about 3 months he wants to get a pen from me for a gift for someone. He talked to me again today about it, and I have exactly what he wants, and he says well I will get back with you in email if I want it tomorrow or next week. I sales pitched him a while ago about it, but figured he didn't want it. So I gave up, he keeps bringing it up. I am still not holding my breath on that sale!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ashaw

Ed
I understand your pain. I have one client that I have been waiting on for 4 months. It is a fairly big order so I am hoping it comes through soon.

sumterdad

yea, that is the way it is in the plumbing world, I dont count my jobs by people telling me they want me to do the job until I am actually doing the job.

Texatdurango

Perhaps a nudge is what he needs. Tell him that if he is still interested he can still have it at the 2011 price but after such a date, you are having a price increase!

Rick P

Never count any sale until the cash is in your hand! Pens, cars or cakes makes no difference. I don't start anything I don't know I can sell later on without a deposit!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OR you could look at it this way: Do you LIKE turning pens? (Yes)
If you turn the pen he likes and he does NOT buy it, could you sell it to someone else? (yes)

Then, make the pen and take a pic and show it to him. Ask him if he wants it. No two pens are ever the same, so if he chooses NOT to buy it, now, you'll make another for him, later-- but it won't look like THIS!!

Worst case scenario---you add one more pen to your "available for sale" inventory.

When he SEES the pen, you hope that's all the nudge he needs.

edicehouse

There was a woman at work that wanted a Black and yellow (steelers fan) and I made 3 different ones, and none was "right" so she was on the list of people that would never be satisfied. Yeah this guy I don't bring it up, he does, so it is one if I have cash in hand it counts. I decided if he orders one, I will need cash first and half is non-refundable, if he decides he doesn't want it.

Top Bottom