Anyone Know

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

Anyone Know if Curtis is on Vacation or something, I emailed him a couple of times abot the cactus juice and chamber, and got responses right away.
I placed my order then got an auto responce that my order was confirmed, but I get no answer from him if it was shipped, or what the status is. Tried three times to find out something, no answer.

Like to get the stuff I have some blanks I want to start on.

Thanks
Danny

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

Like was said give him some time. He is coming out of a very busy season and may still be playing catch up. I know on his site I ordered a Gallon of CJ and it says ships in up to 8 days. Not sure what the Chamber may have said but if he has to build it I would imagine a little longer for the weld to cure and he makes the lids himself and they are an involved process from what I understand. I cant imagine how many emails that man gets in one day........I know I send him questions all the dang time and he gets back eventually.

jd99

Like was said give him some time. He is coming out of a very busy season and may still be playing catch up. I know on his site I ordered a Gallon of CJ and it says ships in up to 8 days. Not sure what the Chamber may have said but if he has to build it I would imagine a little longer for the weld to cure and he makes the lids himself and they are an involved process from what I understand. I cant imagine how many emails that man gets in one day........I know I send him questions all the dang time and he gets back eventually.
I didn't order a chamber (just the juice), I made my own chamber, just want to know if the juice has sent yet, and if not when.

Justturnin

I didn't order a chamber (just the juice), I made my own chamber, just want to know if the juice has sent yet, and if not when.

ahh my missunderstanding. I did the same thing but am slowly leaning towards a chamber in the very near future. What did you use? I used a pickle jar but it is only worth it if I do 15+ blanks standing on ends, other that that it takes so much juice to cover. When I do fewer I drop some Corian in there to take up dead space or I slide a tall Olive jar in there if I am only doing 2 or 3..

I know it's on the forum somewhere, but being a lazy man I didn't look... exactly what is the cactus Juice.. I know it's for wood hardening and might work for some spalted maple blanks I have and am thinking about offering here since I've cut way back on my pen production.

jd99

ahh my missunderstanding. I did the same thing but am slowly leaning towards a chamber in the very near future. What did you use? I used a pickle jar but it is only worth it if I do 15+ blanks standing on ends, other that that it takes so much juice to cover. When I do fewer I drop some Corian in there to take up dead space or I slide a tall Olive jar in there if I am only doing 2 or 3..

I made it out of 3/8" acrylic, just use the solvent to glue the thing together, the trick is to have smooth edges, I milled everything on the mill so as to make sure all the edges were smooth, straight and square.

So far it works fine, but I don't have any juice to test it, I know I get a good vacuum on it.

I trying to come up with a fluid separator design for the lid right now so any juice will just drip back in to the chamber instead of going into the pump.

I'm close I think. Looks good on paper :eek:

Thanks
Danny

Fred

Place a small jar between the pump and the stabilization rig. Just cut your vacuum line and insert the jar using a lid with two fittings, one for the input and a second one to contine the vacuum line. Keep the vacuum fitting as high up as possible on the inside of the lid and the "drip" fitting a bit lower into the jar. This solves any boil over that definitely will mess up your pump if the fluid gets sucked over. When finished, just pour anything that gets to the 'safety jar' back into the stabilization pot. Better safe than sorry!

Last edited:

islandturner

Anyone Know if Curtis is on Vacation or something, I emailed him a couple of times abot the cactus juice and chamber, and got responses right away.
I placed my order then got an auto responce that my order was confirmed, but I get no answer from him if it was shipped, or what the status is. Tried three times to find out something, no answer.

Like to get the stuff I have some blanks I want to start on.

Thanks
Danny

Here's a link to his site -- he encourages folks to call him. His number is at the top...

http://www.turntex.com/index.php?op...e&view=message&layout=message&pf=1&Itemid=106

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Sorry, Danny. I did not realize this thread was about me from the title! I did reply to your e-mails both times! You might want to check your spam folder. Either that, or it got lost in cyberspace somehow.

As someone said, I have been playing catch up like crazy. I had unexpectedly ran out of bottles (not paying attention to my bottle inventory) and had to get more in, then had to catalyze resin and fill them. I am filling this weekend and your order will go out Monday.

Sorry about that and sorry you did not get my e-mails.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have never had Curtis respond to a PM.

Mike,

I do not recall any PMs from you that I did not reply to anytime recently. If it was last year, that is possible. I had a lot of ugly things going on last year and just could not deal with everything. I get a BUNCH of PMs per day and may have overlooked it.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator

I made it out of 3/8" acrylic, just use the solvent to glue the thing together, the trick is to have smooth edges, I milled everything on the mill so as to make sure all the edges were smooth, straight and square.

So far it works fine, but I don't have any juice to test it, I know I get a good vacuum on it.

I trying to come up with a fluid separator design for the lid right now so any juice will just drip back in to the chamber instead of going into the pump.

I'm close I think. Looks good on paper :eek:

Thanks
Danny

Not sure why you need a fluid separator? The very beginning of the cycle has some foam that is easily controlled and I have only once had any go into my pump and that was because I was trying to do to many blanks at one time. It will not hurt the pump as long as you change the oil after it happens. You should be changing your oil very regularly any way.

Top Bottom