did anyone "lose" six pens....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timbo

Here's a strange one...

I got an email via my website from a gentleman asking if I'm the owner of six roller ball pens he has in his possession. He did not say how he got them, I didn't ask since he did not offer. He indicated that he contacted me because they looked like pens I sell on my website. He also indicated that he would send them to me if I said they were mine. I did not mis-ship or have 6 pens stolen, but I asked him to send me a picture an I'll try to help him find the owner. Well, he sent the pic, and it's not mine.

So...did any of you lose 6 roller-ball pens to theft, or a lost shipment? If you did, PM me with a description of the pens and I'll put you in contact with this gentleman.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Timbo

Sounds weird to me. Maybe it is a phishing scam to get information of turners?

I don't think so. He did not ask for a list of turners, nor would I give him a list. I'm pretty good at picking out scams, so far this does not fit the bill. Scammers want information, money or tangible goods...he'll get none of that from me.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
If he is trying to get them to the right owners, why would he then offer to sell them to you? Those statements don't go together, and would certainly get my scam meter beeping...

I didn't read where he was trying to sell them...or did I miss something?

You're right - I read 'send them to me', and my coffee deprived mind transcribed that into 'sell them to me'...

My mistake!

sbell111

If he is trying to get them to the right owners, why would he then offer to sell them to you? Those statements don't go together, and would certainly get my scam meter beeping...

I didn't read where he was trying to sell them...or did I miss something?

You're right - I read 'send them to me', and my coffee deprived mind transcribed that into 'sell them to me'...

My mistake!

Funny. I read it exactly the same way.

BradG

Timbo, maybe post a picture of three of them to see if anyone recognises them... if the owner claims they are his, get him to describe the other three you didnt post

Timbo

Timbo, maybe post a picture of three of them to see if anyone recognises them... if the owner claims they are his, get him to describe the other three you didn't post

I decided against doing that for 2 reasons: 1) anyone missing 6 pens via theft or mis-shipment would probably know it, and know what they're missing; 2) I trust 99.9% of the folks on this site. Can't tell you how many folks I sent money or materials to with the full expectation that they would follow through on what we agreed to, and I have not been disappointed. I just didn't want to give that 0.1% any reason to pop up.

I'll let this post float this week, if no one claims the loss with proof I'll close this thread and let my contact know.

76winger

I experienced the loss of ONE pen back in December, when FedEx lost my pen that I made for the PITH. But I'm certainly not missing six, and I have photos of the one that got lost. Thankfully, a couple weeks ago I recently received reimbursement for that loss.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Top Bottom