Delta 46-460 Lead Screw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RickLong

One of my lathes is out of commission because the lead screw threads are totally striped.

Does anyone know where I can get a "universal tailstock" to replace the delta tailstock. I've been on backorder for a new lead screw for three months.

Not sure why Delta would currently be selling a lathe and not the parts for it...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

On version 2 it shows obsolete, and on version 1 it shows back ordered. I may have to think about selling my Delta if these parts problems don't get better.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Is Delta just a rebadged Chinese clone? If so, maybe you can get the parts from another brand?
But I have to ask...how on earth do you strip the leadscew threads? Cracking the half-nuts perhaps, but wow, stripping the leadscrew must have taken some doing!
What is wrong with the tailstock?

BSea

Is Delta just a rebadged Chinese clone? If so, maybe you can get the parts from another brand?
But I have to ask...how on earth do you strip the leadscew threads? Cracking the half-nuts perhaps, but wow, stripping the leadscrew must have taken some doing!
What is wrong with the tailstock?
You might be thinking of the spindle screw. At least I was at 1st. The lead screw he's referring to is part of the quill in the tailstock. I've heard of this before, and I use my knockout bar rather than just reversing the quill till whatever is in the tailstock comes out. But it's still troubling that they don't have parts for this lathe. Especially considering how popular it seems to be.

plano_harry

No clones. Used to see some freight damaged ones on ebay for around $250-$300. Would be good to buy and part-out to your fellow turners. Maybe we could do a group buy and store it at Bob's house :tongue:

Top Bottom