Dec. Pen Swap Sign-ups

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

So, I stop by IAP to see what's going on and I notice that I have a Private Message. How exciting!!!

Imagine my [strike] disappointment [/strike] pleasant surprise when I find out that I have received a message from Derek. Well, not really a message...more of a rant that seemed to imply in part that I have never actually made a pen and that I only post photoshopped pictures of other peoples pens that I call my own. His diatribe was laced with taunts daring me to produce a pen and send it to someone to prove that it actually exists. Conveniently he had organized a swap to facilitate this.

If I just agree to participate in the swap under these conditions, who knows what kind of demands / abuse he will heap on me the next time. So, I will agree to participate if Derek meets my terms, which are:

"In addition to me being matched up with a randomly determined member, Derek will agree that he and I will also swap pens (and ornaments should he choose)." If Derek accepts the terms then I am in. Are you man enough Derek? :biggrin:

In an earlier post Derek asked for teaser photos of ornaments. I didn't see anybody post one, so maybe this will break the ice. It's all wood that has been embellished to look like aged copper. The ball is hollow and the whole thing weighs about 3/4 of an ounce. It's 8" long. The ball is a little over 2" diameter. I probably won't be sending one like this for the swap because it likely wouldn't fit in the box I would use for a pen. But maybe something else will.

Ed

You're on. I think I could make you a matching pen to the one I made for Mredburn duing the extravaganza. :biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Im not sure your skills are up to it Derek. It would be hard to top that wonderful entry.

D.Oliver

In an earlier post Derek asked for teaser photos of ornaments. I didn't see anybody post one, so maybe this will break the ice. It's all wood that has been embellished to look like aged copper. The ball is hollow and the whole thing weighs about 3/4 of an ounce. It's 8" long. The ball is a little over 2" diameter. I probably won't be sending one like this for the swap because it likely wouldn't fit in the box I would use for a pen. But maybe something else will.

Ed

That's got to be on the best hand made ornaments I've ever seen!

pesto126

Count me in as well... these PITH's have certainly kick started my creative juices!

Buzzzz4

I will take part with my daughter, Katie if that's ok. She has been begging to make a pen. I mentioned it to her, and she said, "what can we do with nails, daddy?" This sounds like a great reason to get out to dad's shop. We will be doing just one pen so the PITH we get will go to her. The ornament will be with my other daughter, Olivia and the ornament received will go to her. We can ship internationally!

Last edited:

jsolie

I'll give it a shot!

I've never turned an ornament before, so I want to apologize ahead of time to whomever my partner is that the ornament may more closely resemble what Charlie Brown got in his Halloween goodie bag. Or possibly his Christmas tree if it turns out okay... :biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Sign me up - I tripped over an old chunk of concrete this weekend, so this'll give me a good way to get rid of it. My apologies in advance if the ornament causes someone's tree to tilt.

LJPJ

What the hey, I'll give it a whirl. I just want to be up front apologize to whoever gets mine. It's almost impossible for me to think outside of the box.
:confused:

Trey

OH what the hell. Sign me up. I will give it a try. I too apologize in advance for the newbie nature of my offerings.

Ed McDonnell

Here's a picture of some of the high quality components that I will be using in the creation of my pens for this swap. Unfortunately the special material I ordered from South Dakota for Derek's swap pen is stuck in a snow drift somewhere and won't be available until the Spring Thaw (sometime next July I imagine). So I'm going to make two of the same pen using some of what's in the picture. That's either going to be good news for Derek or bad news for my official swap partner.....

Ed

Attachments

• DecTease.jpg
    DecTease.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 163
Top Bottom