Cypress Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from holmqer

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Cypress Bowl turned at a friends shop in Santa Ynez and finished at home. Around 8" (20cm) across. Finished with polyurethane.

Attachments

• Cypress Bowl 01.jpg
    Cypress Bowl 01.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 207
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

Beautiful bowl Eric! What kind of cypress is the wood? I've turned several small projects from cypress from Northern California and none of them have grain patterns like your bowl. Maybe Southern or??? The California Cypress was easy and fun to turn and finished well and yours looks like it finished quite well also. Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you!

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone, the color is spalting and I lucked out on some nice grain structure.

Beautiful bowl Eric! What kind of cypress is the wood? I've turned several small projects from cypress from Northern California and none of them have grain patterns like your bowl. Maybe Southern or??? The California Cypress was easy and fun to turn and finished well and yours looks like it finished quite well also. Thanks for sharing and safe turning to you!

I do not know which of the many Cypress species found in California this is. It came from Santa Ynez which is in Santa Barbara county which would make it a Southern California variety. A friend in Santa Ynez had a few logs he got when he saw a local Cypress Tree being cut down.

Top Bottom