Hey everyone, finally got it completed

Guatemalan Hormigo with Zebrawood accents

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 480
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skubasteeve

Thanks everyone.. it had some challenges... as the car type it is made for has a release lock that has to be pulled up into the knob in order to allow the car into reverse.

Worked out well, and looking forward to making my next one.

Kev

MerleE

Absolutely astounding. I keep thinking of making one for my car, Now I know what my next project is gonna be!!!

skubasteeve

That looks nice!! I would love to see it mounted up if you get a chance to snap a few pics

I am just waiting for the owner to send me some vanity shots, it went as a prize for Saskatoon Boxer Battle which is a car racing competition in my home town.

Absolutely astounding. I keep thinking of making one for my car, Now I know what my next project is gonna be!!!

If you do make your own, I would suggest using metal threads. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Kev

MerleE

Thanks for the offer, I am gonna try to make a practice one this evening, proly out of some scraps I have laying around.

So how did you do the threads? I thought about trying to find a nut that fit the threads and epoxying it into the bottom. I gotta research what threads a mazda 3 uses.

tangoman

Awesome !

That gear shift knob is awesome - well done !

My wife's just bought a new car and I really think making one of these for her would earn me weekend fishing rites for a year ,lol !

The mind is churning over how to fing out the thread size on a Nissan Jukes shifter !

Thanks for showing and sharing!

Regards,
Cam

CrimsonKeel

That gear shift knob is awesome - well done !

My wife's just bought a new car and I really think making one of these for her would earn me weekend fishing rites for a year ,lol !

The mind is churning over how to fing out the thread size on a Nissan Jukes shifter !

Thanks for showing and sharing!

Regards,
Cam

quick google search and here you go
6MT shift knob suggestions

skubasteeve

This should be what you want for the threads for your Mazda 3

https://www.belmetric.com/ts10121-m...=d3le97cmvn3v3l090mk7h39j25&cPath=217_218_235

I put the threads in the wood first then, I get the matching bolt of about 100mm in length and cut the hex off of the top. Then put the bolt in my oneway chuck with spigot jaws and spin the knob with the threads in, that way it is centered on the shifter. There is more challenge if your car has a reverse lock where you have to lift a ring to get it into reverse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom