Custom Reel Seats

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LanceD

LanceD

I've been away from the forum for over a year now and haven't turned a pen in almost two years but I didn't stop turning. I make a couple of hundred of these reel seats a year and here's a photo of the few I made this week.

I've been back on the forum doing a lot of catching up and reading old posts and it has given me the urge to get busy making pens again.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Attachments

• DSCN1920.jpg
    DSCN1920.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 955
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Turned Around

Hey, Lance. Welcome back. That's a hell of a way to return. I really Like those, especially the gator jar bone ones. Very well done. How is it making those seats?

Where do you get the seat kits? If you don't mind my asking.

LanceD

Hey, Lance. Welcome back. That's a hell of a way to return. I really Like those, especially the gator jar bone ones. Very well done. How is it making those seats?

Thanks. Doesn't take long to make. about 30 minutes each sanding and finishing included. As for the parts, I offer the seat hardware for sale through my website.

Turned Around

Thanks. Doesn't take long to make. about 30 minutes each sanding and finishing included. As for the parts, I offer the seat hardware for sale through my website.

Very nice. Browsing now, brother.

seamus7227

Do those have some sort of tube inside those blanks, or are they solid? I have always wondered if I could incorporate my Texas quarter style blanks into a reel seat.

LanceD

Do those have some sort of tube inside those blanks, or are they solid? I have always wondered if I could incorporate my Texas quarter style blanks into a reel seat.

No tube. Just drilled through with a half inch bit. I'm almost sure you could turn one down then add your quarter around it, plug the holes then recast to cover the top. I'd be willing to work something out with you if you'd like to experiment. Drop me a line.

turncrazy43

You can find other items for these at Mudhole.com

Top Bottom