Curly Maple "Keepsake" Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ankrom Exotics

This is a "Keepsake" box that I made for Lynn as a Valentine's Day gift. It is constructed of solid Curly Maple with keyed miter corners made of Gabon Ebony. The tapered lid is Curly Maple framing a piece of Maple Burl (edged in Gabon Ebony) with a Woolly Mammoth Ivory handle. The bottom edge of the lid is trimmed in Gabon Ebony and the entire box rests on a Gabon Ebony recessed base.

8"L x 4"H x 3-1/4W"

Thanks for looking,

Pat

maplebox1.jpg
MapleBox2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Mighty pretty present for your lady. I am sure she was very pleased with your thoughtfulness. Beautiful timber and excellent work.
Charles

reiddog1

Pat, excellent work man and a great piece of timber. Miters are super tight and I love the contrast with the miter keys. Well done!!

Dave

Thank you all for the comments and the "likes". It was a fun project and I've now got a couple new table saw sleds in my arsenal (one for the miter keys and one for the miters). I'll probably be working on a couple of new boxes in the near future that will incorporate some ideas that I had while working on this one. Had I implemented every idea I had on this one it would have just been too "busy". Sometimes less truly is more and I think I stopped at just the right place on this one.

Top Bottom